“Digital Marketing”…it all starts here, right now in 2021!!!
What I would like to say to you is, that the future of India will be converted to digital not only because of the current COVID-19 situation but also because of the Indian economy.
Of course, some of the companies and private sectors need the presence of a person in order to manufacture a product or provide a service, but at the end of the day, it all comes down to marketing, for which they all need to shift to DIGITAL.
Why Indians Should Learn Digital Marketing And Master It?
- The Future Of Marketing Is Digital Marketing.
- Industry Demands For Digital Marketing Skills.
- Digital Marketing Gets You Better Pay And Position.
- Marketing Strategy Is Incomplete Without Digital Strategy.
- Digital Marketing Opens Up A Wide Variety Of Job Prospects.
- Learning Digital Marketing Is Affordable And Gives You High Returns.
- You Can Start Your Own Business Or Earn Independently.
Here are some of the topics of Digital Marketing that we are going to go through in this article:
- What are the Fundamentals of Digital Marketing?
- Is Digital Marketing better than Traditional Marketing?
- How to choose your Niche in Digital Marketing?
- What is CATT Marketing Funnel in Digital Marketing?
- Is it important to have good communication skills in Digital Marketing?
- How can you make the most use of Integrated Digital Marketing?
- How to develop trust from your audience in Digital Marketing?
So, I want to inform you of everything that I know about Digital Marketing and how it is going to impact our future. I’m going to make it very fun for you…don’t worry;).
The problem with the majority of the marketers is that everyone wants a Get-Rich-Quick method or shortcuts to success in life. I just want to tell you that there is no such thing, and even if someone manages to take a shortcut, he/she will definitely come back to the same position at some point in their life.
Some of the marketers don’t focus on the customer’s needs and do not think from the customer’s point of view. All they think about is themselves and how they can make money by launching a new product or service that doesn’t fulfill the customer’s needs and even if by any chance the product or service suits the customer’s requirements, the quality of the product or service might be bad.
So, it is a MUST and I can’t emphasize it enough to get all these problems sorted out while you are in the market validation process. This is what the article is all about.
Even Digital Marketing is a very broad field, and I will guarantee that it is not going to be easy as you guys think. It is a long marathon if you ask me and the most important thing in the process of learning anything is for you to ENJOY the process and make it FUN. That’s how you will be able to learn anything that you are passionate about.
It’s not like I’m forcing you guys to get into the Digital Marketing field. This article is mainly for young people who have just graduated from colleges, who are very serious about their future, and who want to impact the world with whatever they are passionate about whether it is in the field of being an entrepreneur, blogger, freelancer, content writer, and digital mentor.
They should know these basics about marketing. The word DIGITAL is just a medium through which marketing is done.
If you want to learn about Digital Marketing, I seriously recommend you join the Internship Program which is conducted by my mentor Deepak Kanakaraju who is popularly known as Digital Deepak on the Internet.
I have provided the link to the Internship Program if you want to enroll. It is very fun, there is healthy competition between the fellow participants, and moreover, you will definitely get out of your comfort zone and showcase yourself to the world.
1) What are the Fundamentals of Digital Marketing?
Digital Marketing is a constantly changing field if we consider a huge number of innovations in the world. For example, you can consider Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk who have brought so many changes with respect to innovation to the forefront of community management. We need to modify the way we reach our potential customers.
As each of us focus our marketing efforts on SEO, Facebook Ads, Google Ads, and other Digital Strategies, it is very easy for us to forget the basics of marketing. It is very important that we have the digital capability, but if we cannot pass the basics of marketing, it is highly impossible to master the skills that will take us to the top.
These are some of the marketing basics each of us need to know if we want to excel in this field:
- What makes you different from the rest of the crowd!! Question yourself as to “WHY” your potential customers should choose you.
- Make a list of all the weaknesses you have in addition to your strength.
- Don’t just write content related to every field. Stick on to a particular niche and write content related to that, so that it reaches your potential customers.
- Go with facts and research to define your strategy, not with guesses and feelings.
- Segment your audience into groups and start nurturing them.
- You need to understand the strengths of your competitors.
- Finally, be a person who shows the results, don’t tell about the things that you are going to achieve, show them.
“Marketers need to build digital relationships and reputation before closing a sale.” — Chris Brogan, CEO of Owner Media Group.
2) Is Digital Marketing better than Traditional Marketing?
With this, we come to our next topic which is the comparison between Digital Marketing and Traditional Marketing.
The most important difference between these two types of marketing is the medium through which an audience encounters a marketing message.
Traditional marketing uses traditional media like magazines and newspapers and Digital Marketing uses digital media, such as social media or websites. Traditional Marketing doesn’t mean it’s old-fashioned. It still plays an important role in all of our lives with the ever-growing need to step out of the digital world.
In the same way, Digital Marketing is just as important as traditional if not even more so. Digital Marketing uses every touchpoint of your daily use of the internet to reach you.
So, out of these two, Which one should you choose?
For a marketing campaign to be great and successful, we need to find the right balance between Traditional and Digital. Digital Marketing is the Sun of Traditional Marketing’s Moon. Both are of equal importance with respect to the marketing strategy, but when combined, they will be elevated to a different level.
Here is one of the best TV Commercials by Guinness. It says, share one beer with your friend. However, even with this legendary status, Guinness still has to move with the times and incorporate digital marketing into their strategy so that they don’t miss out on some huge marketing opportunities.
They recently got into social media marketing and the visuals are extremely good.
PROS and CONS of TRADITIONAL MARKETING:
- Outdoor (Billboards, bus/taxi wraps, posters, etc)
- Broadcasting (TV, Radio, etc)
- Print (Magazines, newspapers, etc)
- Direct Mail (catalogs, etc)
- Telemarketing (Phone, text message)
- Window display and signs
- Hard To Measure
- No Direct Interaction
PROS and CONS of DIGITAL MARKETING:
- Social media (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc)
- Content marketing [How to Write Better Content?]
- Affiliate marketing [Click here if you want to know more about Affiliate Marketing]
- Inbound marketing
- Email marketing
- PPC (pay per click
- SEM (Search engine marketing)
- Potentially Annoying
- Less Permanent
- Constantly Evolving
Conclusion: Both Digital and Traditional Marketing can work out for you, as long as you know who your potential customers are and what they really want.
3) How to choose your Niche in Digital Marketing?
This directs us to the concept of Niche Selection. How you should choose your niche so that you get to know who your potential customers are and what they really want!!
You can choose your Niche based on these 5 criteria’s:
- You need to be really passionate about your topic.
- Your passion should solve the problem.
- Passion should solve a problem for a specific person.
- You need to check whether there is potential in your topic.
- Make sure whether your potential customers are willing to pay for you.
If your Niche doesn’t satisfy these 5 criteria, then it is just going to be a hobby.
4) What is CATT Marketing Funnel in Digital Marketing?
This brings us to the CATT Marketing Funnel and Framework in which Content and Lead Generation are highly involved.
Let me explain to you what this image is all about.
Wealth = n ^ CATT is the Wealth or Success formula, where
n → Niche: A person’s success or wealth is completely dependent on the type of niche he chooses and the potential of the niche is the marketplace.
C → Content: A person who chooses a particular niche should create content related to that niche so that the content created impacts people in that particular niche.
A → Attention: The content created helps you to grab the attention of your potential customers. You will be able to get traffic to your content with the help of SEO, Social Media Ads, etc.
T → Trust: Once you start providing value, you will be able to build trust with your potential customers with tripwires, marketing automation, and re-targeting.
T → Transaction: Once you build trust, you will be able to sell your products without selling which is a natural sales method. This is where the leads which you have generated will be your customers for life.
“The aim of marketing is to know and understand the customer so well the product or service fits him and sells itself… The aim of marketing is to make selling superfluous.” — Peter Drucker.
For example, If you are passionate about food and want to become a food blogger, Reema Karnik (one of the batch 5 interns of the Digital Deepak Internship Program) is the person that you should look up to. She has written the best blogs related to food and hotel management and here is the link to one of her latest blogs: 5 Best Indian Sweets For Diwali Festival.
If your niche is health & wellness, Pradeep Hooda (one of the batch 5 interns of the Digital Deepak Internship Program) has written a beautiful blog on health and explains what really Holistic Health is. You can check it out here.
If your niche is Real Estate through Digital Marketing, Shiva Kumar has written a blog on How Digital Marketing Will Transform Real Estate Industry. So, if you are into real estate and want to scale it to the next level with the help of Digital Marketing, this is the post for you.
This is where Communication Skills becomes an important factor for a good marketer.
5) Is it important to have good communication skills in Digital Marketing?
It is not about whether you have an excellent English language, it can be your regional language as well. The only thing that matters is whether you are able to convey your thoughts effectively to the minds of your potential customers.
A good marketer needs to understand his potential customers very well. If he is constructing an email to send to his potential customers, he needs to write as if he is talking to his customers. A good marketer needs to write a lot. Once he is good at writing, he will be able to speak very fluently.
You will also get more clarity if you have a habit of writing on a regular basis. A good marketer needs to think in English if he wants to have a strong foundation in that language. The same goes for other languages.
Now we are getting to some of the advanced topics of digital marketing which is Integrated Digital Marketing (IDM). I am now going to explain to you how Integrated Digital Marketing works.
6) How can you make the most use of Integrated Digital Marketing?
It is nothing but the integration of multiple marketing strategies to form a cohesive online approach for your business. Digital marketing has a lot of modules and some of the most popular marketing strategies are:
- Search Engine Marketing (PPC)
- Search Engine Optimization (Organic Traffic)
- Email Marketing
- Social Media Marketing
- Digital Display Marketing
- Content Marketing
I am not going to explain all of these strategies in detail as I am letting you know the basics of Digital Marketing. So, as you are learning, you will come across these strategies and you can learn more about these here.
Each marketing strategy mentioned above has its own unique and powerful approach. So, let us assume these strategies are combined in a special way, what do you think is going to happen?? Yes?
Its power is going to be increased to a whole new level which you cannot imagine that easily. Integrated Digital Marketing is such a method that makes use of all these marketing strategies to complement each other by playing its strengths rather than competing against each other to achieve increased revenues and customers on its own.
What did you understand from this image? This is what Integrated Digital Marketing is all about. Let me explain it to you. Do you see Content Marketing at the center of the image? Yes, you can consider Content as a leader and the others surrounding it as its team members.
- Content: You need to make sure that the content you provide is of good quality and is very relevant to your potential customers. It helps you build their trust and gain authority.
- Email: The content which you have created should be communicated to your potential customers through Email. That is how you start to communicate with them and provide value. This type of powerful nurturing eventually leads to the sale of your product.
- SEO: This is the most basic and powerful way to help your customers find your content online. You will be able to get a huge amount of traffic to your website or page if you know how to optimize it with basic SEO. As shown in the image above, if this is done properly, it will definitely lead to more sales.
- Social Media: It is a great platform where you can showcase your products to a set of like-minded people on various social medial platforms like Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, etc. You interact with them and share the link to your content, which is going to lead to a sale eventually.
- Paid Ads: There are various types of paid ads for different social media platforms. It can speed up the entire process and you will be able to drive traffic to your website or content and will speed up the sales process as well. You will be able to maximize the return on investment using paid ads.
For this, you need to know everything there is about Personal Branding.
7) How to develop trust from your audience in Digital Marketing?
Your Personal Brand is how you promote yourself. It is the unique combination of skills, experience, and personality that you want the world to see you. Create content with a purpose. If you’re willing to post something online, you have to be willing to spend ad dollars promoting it, and if you’re not willing to spend money on it, you shouldn’t waste your time posting it.
It is so very important to show people the type of content they are interested in, not what you think they want. If you don’t know who your ideal people are or what type of content they want to see, the only thing that you can do is start with market validation first.
Gary V is an excellent example of someone who shows up, is consistent, and serves his audience in various ways. No matter which social media channel you look him upon, you will see an overload of free content about side hustles and grinding non-stop until you reach your goals.
He has chosen a niche where he offers something valuable to the people and then became the most influential and authoritative thought leader in that space. He is serving his audience every day with free content without asking anything in return. That is how you can influence people.
Whatever niche you chose to be in, stick to it, and be consistent. If you want to be recognized as an authoritative figure in the hustle and grind space, the majority of what you post online should be about that. Try to avoid confusing your audience by posting about a variety of topics.
Your Personal Branding is very important because your ideal people start to look for you. The more personality you can add to your business, the easier it will get to find your tribe. Over time you will build this community of like-minded people who value your skills and sees you as an expert in your industry.
This is how you build trust with people who matter to you the most. A blueprint has been developed by Deepak Kanakaraju, my mentor, and the way he explains building Mass Trust with your audience is mind-blowing.
What I can say from the above image is that you need to learn a new skill and become a professional at it. Learn and remember the concepts, facts, and procedures, and practice them. You need to then implement it in the real world so that you can understand it better. Then, you need to blog about what skill set you developed and implemented through your work.
This is how you can evolve as a personal brand. This vibe you have developed connects you to your tribe. Now, instead of working for other businesses, you can start consulting for them. Then, you can start teaching others who are aspiring to become like you.
By mentoring, you will be able to understand the concept to a whole new level. With this, you can develop your own product or service so that it solves the problem of your potential customers in the marketplace and it will also help you scale your personal brand. You again learn, work, blog about it, then consult, become a mentor, and start creating new products or services and the cycle goes on again and again.
The value of the digital marketing industry will exceed the INR 225 billion mark by 2020. By 2020 in India, the digital industry will produce more than 20 lakh jobs.
The growth of India’s digital advertising industry is now at 33.5%.
So, I want to ask each and every one of you who is reading this article, “Are you an action taker?”, “Are you serious about building a career in digital marketing?”, “Are you an action taker?”. If yes, please apply for the Digital Deepak Internship Program and you will be amazed by the transformation that happens to you through this program.
I am truly amazed by the action that I’m taking through this program.
I hope this article was informative to you. If you have any questions, please leave a comment below!